Have you recently got a new drone legal for yourself? I know your mind has many questions like Are drones legal? why are drones so expensive and so on. In this post we will be discussing Are drones legal? Yes, According to FAA (U.S Aviation federal authority) Flying drones in the U.S are legal but I will recommend you to have a look at drone rules.
Does the FAA consider drones legal?
It hardly matters whether you fly a drone for work or for fun purposes you have to register your drone at the FAA drone portal before flying it in the U.S. There are some rules which you have to follow before you fly a drone. In case you are traveling with your drone, TSA will only allow you to carry your drone carry on luggage only.
Flying for fun vs commercial purpose
Before you know the rules while flying a drone it is important to know the purpose of flying. wheater you want to have fun or you’re doing it for money. In both, the rules of the scenario vary. If you are flying a drone for fun then there are quite fewer restrictions as compared to commercial purposes. If you’re flying a drone for making money by selling stock videos, photos, or anything like that you must be FAA certified. Wanna know more: Continue reading:)
Hobby rules: When you are flying a drone for fun
- You must fly a drone legal for hobby and fun only (No job or something like that)
- Registering you’re done at the FAA drone portal website is a must.
- Don’t ever fly your drone besides any aircraft.
- Make sure that the size of your drone is under 55lbs otherwise, you have to certify your drone before flying.
- While flying a drone it is essential to follow safety guidelines.
Commercial Drones Legal rules: Job or other work
- You must be certified by the FAA before flying a drone for commercial purposes.
- Don’t exceed G class airspace. ( You must fly within it).
- Make sure that your drone is below 400 feet.
- It is essential to register your drone at the FAA drone portal.
- Your drone should be under 55lbs.
- Don’t try to exceed 100 mph.
- you can’t fly your drone over people.
Drones Legal Certification requirements: Before you fly a drone
If you wanted to fly a drone commercially in the US then You must have a remote pilot certificate. Don’t have one? You can obtain a pilot certificate if you follow these guidelines:
- You must be at least 16 years old to grab your pilot certificate.
- Your health should be good ( You must be able to speak, write, read, and understand English).
- Your physical and mental health should be good.
- TSA screening is a must.
- It is essential to clear the aeronautical test.
I hope that the article helped you and your all doubts are cleared regarding are drones legal or not. if this article informed you then please do give it a share and if you’ve got anything in your mind freely comment down below.